What the Staff Union Accomplished with the 2018 Contract:
- Achieved contract-stipulated annual salary increases for EVERYONE.
- Corrected salary discrepancies among employees, raising dozens of our members into higher pay grades.
- Ensured that all staff were moved to at least 40% of their salary range.
- Secured Emerson coverage of public transportation costs ($84.5/month). Before our contract, Emerson had only ever reimbursed managers for parking.
- Established the Sick Bank to which employees can donate sick days and from which other employees can draw sick days when they run out.
- Created a Parental Leave Policy that does not discriminate on the basis of gender and treats adoption and birth the same.
- Redesigned the performance evaluation process to refocus it on career development.
- Secured Patriots’ Day as a paid holiday.
Benefits of Union Membership:
- We need your voice in building the next collective bargaining agreement.
- We represent you at any meeting that involves—or could lead to—discussion of discipline, including termination.
- We provide improved job security including just cause protection.
- We support severance pay.
- We can assist you if you request a job review.
Want to find out more? We would love talk with you! Contact us at email@example.com.